3-Day Orienteering Competition Grano Games
This bulletin contains only crucial parts of the competition information. Complete instructions are in Finnish only.
- Friday 9th June at 6 p.m., at Järvensivu, Tampere, Finland
- Saturday 10th June at 12 a.m., long distance, at the sports field in Terälahti (Teisko), Tampere, Finland
- Sunday 11th June, at 10 a.m., middle distance, at the sports field in Terälahti (Teisko), Tampere, Finland
Grano Games is a qualification competition for the Finnish teams in Junior European Championship and Junior World Championship (i.e. classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E).
- Event Director: Samuli Saarikko, firstname.lastname@example.org; +358-400-013050.
- Main course setters:
- 9th June: Mikko Eskola
- 10th-11th June: Lauri Kahila, children’s courses: Harri Koskinen
- Results service: Keijo Viilo, Jyri Mustajoki, Ari Virekunnas
- Corrections of registrations: Tommi Keronen, email@example.com
- Restaurant: Anneli Hautaniemi ja Marja Kuuteri-Kallio
- Course controllers: 9th June: Jouni Mähönen, TP; 10th-11th June: Raimo Seppänen, OrPo
- Chair person of Jury: Kari Papinsaari (KangSK)
- Inquiries: Mikko Eskola, 0400-568693, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The rules of the Finnish Orienteering Federation apply together with instructions given by the organizer.
Classes, distances, number of controls, starts and scales
|Friday 9th June||Saturday 10th June||Sunday 11th June|
|H17-20E||3,6||17||L1 (*||9,5||20||L1 (****||4,4||13||L1 (**|
|H16E||3,3||16||L1 (*||6,9||13||L1 (*||3,5||11||L1 (**|
|D17-20E||3,0||14||L1 (*||7,0||14||L1 (*||3,6||11||L1 (**|
|D16E||2,7||13||L1 (*||5,5||10||L1 (*||2,8||10||L1 (**|
(* = Directly to quarantine and from there to departure (i.e. no entry to competition center beforehand)
(** = Departure threshold must be entered before it closes (i.e. entry is allowed to competition center beforehand)
(*** = Classes H/D13 and 14 are included in start 2 in the sprint competition to offer a Finnish Championship type start – the map will not be available before start time.
(**** = Class H17-20E has a forking on 10th June. The competitors take the competition numbers according to the start list. Those with odd numbers take their maps from the bucket coded H17-20E and those with even numbers take their maps from the bucket coded H17-20E-2. Procedure is the same with control definitions. The competitor is responsible for taking the correct map and control definitions. Definitions are listed also on map.
Fri 9th June 2017 sprint competition area = forbidden area and quarantine area for classes H/D16E ja H/D17-20E
Fri 9th June 2017 / sprint: competition center in the park of Iidesranta, see layout.
- Note: the competition area is totally forbidden from access before the event because of the qualification competition (i.e. even driving through competition area is forbidden)
- Classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E have a mandatory quarantine area at the Theological Institute of Finland (TIF – TEO in Finnish). Arrival to Institute via Kalevantie => Hautausmaankatu 4, Tampere.
- There is free parking at TIF for those competitors that leave their cars there. Cars are allowed to be fetched after ones performance, but one must use route Järvensivuntie-Viinikantie-Kalevantie (i.e. routes that go through the competition terrain and warm-up area are forbidden as long as E-class competitors are performing, approximately until 8.30 p.m.)
- It is mandatory to arrive to the quarantine area before 4.50 p.m.! The area opens at 3.45 p.m.
- Note: Classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E are NOT ALLOWED to come to the competition center before the event and they are also not allowed to use the roads in the competition area for passing through, see layout map.
- Distance from quarantine to start is 1 km.
- There are toilets in the interior of the quarantine area, bib numbers and GPS distribution for selected competitors. Emit cards will be available for those competitors who have reserved one. Competition rules and start lists will also be found in the quarantine area.
- Sport gear is transported from the quarantine area to the competition center every half hour from the front of TIF.
- All communications from the quarantine area is forbidden after it is closed. Use of phones and internet connections are forbidden in the quarantine area. Competitors are forbidden to pry for information or to accept information concerning the competition while proceeding to departure.
- Foreign competitors start before Finns for whom the competition is a qualification event.
Sat 10th June 2017 quarantine area for classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E
- Sat 10th June there is a mandatory area of quarantine for classes H/D16E ja H/D17-20E. It is located at a farm house, address: Tikkamännyntie 32, Tampere.
- The competitors must arrive on Sat 10th June at 11.30 a.m. the latest!
- Classes H/D16E- ja H/D17-20E MAY NOT enter the competition center before start.
- There are four toilets in the quarantine area as well as bib numbers and GPS distribution for selected competitors. The list will be published on the competition homepage and in the quarantine area. There is limited indoor space in the quarantine area.
- Sport geer is transported from the quarantine area to the competition center.
- All communications from the quarantine area is forbidden after it is closed. The use of phones and internet connetions are forbidden in the quarantine area. The competitors are forbidden to pry for information or to accept information concerning the competition while proceeding to departure.
- Foreign competitors depart before Finns for whom the competition is a qualification event.
- The start is 1.3 km from the quarantine area.
Sun 11th June 2017 start threshold for classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E
- There is a start threshold for classes H/D16E and H/D17-20E on Sun 1th June 2017 that must be entered at 10.00 a.m. the latest.
- Sun 11th June classes H/D16E- ja H/D17-20E MAY visit the competition center before entering the start threshold.
- There are three bajamaja-toilets in the start threshold as well as competition numbers and GPS distribution for selected competitors. The list will be published on the competition homepage and in the quarantine area. There is no indoor space in the quarantine area.
- Sport gear is transported from the start threshold to the competition center.
- All communications from the start threshold is forbidden after it is closed. The use of phone and internet connections are forbidden at the start threshold. The competitors are forbidden to pry for information or to accept information concerning the competition while proceeding to start.
- Foreign competitors start after the Finns for whom the competition is a qualification event.
- The start is 400 m from the start threshold.